Topics

You're invited to discuss with Sam Daley-Harris his new book: Reclaiming our Democracy. Nov 10th Definitely worthwhile.

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

Please join us at the inaugural American Promise Chapter Members Book Club!
A two part discussion with Sam Daley-Harris, author of Reclaiming Our Democracy: Healing the Break Between People and Government, 20th Anniversary Edition
on Nov 10 and Dec 2 8pmEST

COVID and the momentous and contentious election has made 2020 a year of significant challenges to each of us personally and as members of a grassroots campaign to fundamentally correct our democracy by winning an amendment to get money out of politics.

Let’s reset!

The  leaders of American Promise chapters have collaborated to provide an event to boost our inspiration and motivation to our advocacy work by presenting a book discussion with Sam Daley-Harris who has been a coach to American Promise on utilization of an empowering model of citizen advocacy since the inception of American Promise. His book describes the experiences that developed his successful model and instructs on its implementation. Many who had training as initial members of the earliest chapters of American Promise are familiar with Sam’s model but others have not yet had the benefit of that inspiring training. We plan interactive discussions with breakout sessions to discuss our impressions and practice tactics.

Please complete the registration form so that we can send you a reading guide in advance and the links to the zoom webinars approximately 48-72 hours before each session.
Attendance is limited so register as soon as possible. The first session will cover to page 127 (end of Chapter 16).

The sessions will be:
 Tuesday November 10 from 8 to 9:30pm EST
 Wednesday Dec 2 from 8 to 9:30pm EST

The book is available via Amazon in paperback & kindle formats.

Sam Daley-Harris is the founder of Civic Courage
Formerly Center for Citizen Empowerment and Transformation
A Project of RESULTS Educational Fund