Topics

Virginia Swamp Busters Lobby Day Planning Call #cal-notice #Neededlegislation

Michael Deal

Dear Virginia Swamp Busters:

Please join a conference call Thursday evening at 7:30 to discuss plans for our Lobby Day in Richmond on January 29.  Topics will include:
  • Status of pending legislation of interest to our grassroots democratic reform member organizations.
  • Results of Swamp Busters' Campaign Finance survey and implications for pending legislation
  • Strategy for organizing Lobby Day and supporting related lobbying efforts by partner organizations
    • coordination with patrons in the legislature
    • letters, calls, op-eds, phone bank, additional lobby days
    • weekly/bi-weekly Swamp Buster calls to coordinate efforts
  • Plans for viewing of the film Unrepresented on VCU's campus Tuesday, Jan 28, 6-8 pm.   Panel discussion to follow with participation of RepresentUS, One Virginia 2021, FairVoteVA, author Jeff Thomas, American Promise, Clean Virginia (TBC), and legislators (invited).
Conference call-in information:
--phone:  (425) 436-6200
--access code:  632382

Can't Make the Call?  -- a recording of the call will be posted on the Virginia Swamp Busters groups.io messaging platform.

Questions?  email Mike Deal (dealjm@...) or Nancy Morgan (nancyruthmorgan@...)