Topics

Upcoming Event: Grassroots Alexandria Open House January 7, 6-9pm - Tue, 01/07/2020 6:00pm-9:00pm #cal-reminder

main@VirginiaSwampBusters.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: Grassroots Alexandria Open House January 7, 6-9pm

When: Tuesday, 7 January 2020, 6:00pm to 9:00pm, (GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:6a E Mason Ave, 22301 (6a is next door to 6)

View Event

Organizer: Jonathan Krall, Grassroots Alexandria

Coordinator: Jonathan Krall
Happy Birthday to Grassroots Alexandria. Grassroots Alexandria held its
first meeting on December 19, 2016. Thanks to all who have contributed
over all this time. You are in our hearts.

Our next gathering will be on Tuesday January 7, 6-9pm. This will be an
open house celebration of three years of activism (we are doing this in
lieu of the usual monthly action meeting)

When: Tuesday January 7, 6-9pm (show up any time)
Where: 6a E Mason Ave, 22301 (6a is next door to 6)
What: Open house! Come and learn about Grassroots Alexandria. New folks
welcome!
Why: Because we like to see each other.

Grassroots Alexandria does its work in small groups focused on specific
projects. We meet (usually) on the first Tuesday (action/working
meeting) and fourth Tuesday (education meeting). Current projects
include #restorativejustice (in schools), #affordablehousing,
#forusnotamazon (to keep amazon from gentrifying our beloved
Chirilagua), #getICEout (keep ICE from using our local jail as a
detention center) and more. New volunteers are always welcome to join us
and learn about our work.