Topics

Upcoming Event: FREE TRAINING: Everything You Need To Know To Advocate For Redistricting Reform - Sat, 01/04/2020 1:30pm-4:30pm #cal-reminder

main@VirginiaSwampBusters.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: FREE TRAINING: Everything You Need To Know To Advocate For Redistricting Reform

When: Saturday, 4 January 2020, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, (GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:Ellen Coolidge Burke Branch Library 4701 Seminary Road Alexandria, VA 22304

View Event

Organizer: One Virginia 2021 alx@...

Hello friend,

On behalf of the Alexandria Local Action Group of OneVirginia2021, I would like to invite you to a training for redistricting reform advocates. This training is designed for those who would like to deepen their knowledge of gerrymandering and feel more comfortable speaking to others about the issue. See the details below.

You can register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/everything-you-need-to-know-to-advocate-for-redistricting-reform-tickets-86121442553. If you have questions about the training, please email the Alexandria Local Action Group at alx@... and they'll be happy to help you.

I hope to see you on Jan. 4! Details below.

- Brian

Everything You Need To Know To Advocate For Redistricting Reform

Ellen Coolidge Burke Branch Library
4701 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
Saturday, January 4, 2020, 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM

Join me and several local volunteer leaders to learn to communicate essential information about OneVirginia2021 and redistricting reform, including details of the proposed constitutional amendment and plans for the 2020 General Assembly session. As an attendee you will:

  • Deepen your knowledge about Virginia's gerrymandering history;
  • Be able to identify the key concepts of gerrymandering;
  • Write, hone, and practice short speeches about Virginia's redistricting reform; and
  • Build confidence to speak knowledgeably about redistricting reform and specifically about the proposed constitutional amendment.

While this training is free, we hope you will consider making a tax-deductible donation to the OneVirginia2021 Foundation which raises awareness about redistricting reform in Virginia.

Please bring paper and pen/pencil to use for taking notes and developing your speech.

OneVirginia2021
PO Box 1054
Richmond, VA 23218
United States