Topics

Support a hearing on a bipartisan bill, HB5088, that would assist over half a mission households in Virginia that are unable to pay their utility bills due to the Covid-19 crisis. #TAKEACTION

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

Luisa Boyarski

AttachmentsFri, Aug 28, 11:32 AM (1 day ago)

to Luisa, bcc: me

Dear Grassroots Group Leaders,

Thanks to all who signed our letter urging the House of Delegates to schedule a vote on the bipartisan bill requiring Dominion Energy to redistribute nearly $400 million, that (at minimum) it overcharged Virginians between 2017-2019, to 500,000 Virginia households unable to pay their utility bills due to the Covid crisis.  We modified a sentence in the letter so that we could also send a letter to the Senate where the Commerce and Labor Committee voted unanimously against the identical bill.

Call to Action:  Please have your members contact their state representatives and anyone whose campaigns you supported. Below is some sample language for the email, but please feel free to edit it to make it your own. Also, please use social media to catch the attention of General Assembly members.

Attached are both versions of the letter in Word.  I recommend that when you send it out to personalize it for your State Senator and Delegate.

House of Delegate Talking Points.  Link to Email Addresses of Delegates

Dear Delegate.....

I am a constituent and shocked that House leadership refused to schedule a hearing on a bipartisan bill, HB5088, that would assist over half a mission households in Virginia that are unable to pay their utility bills due to the Covid-19 crisis.  This bill would distribute nearly $400 million that Dominion Energy has overcharged Vrginia rate-payers (at minimum) over the last several years in the form of accelerated refunds and debt forgiveness.  I urge you to not only hold a hearing on this critical bill but also vote in favor.

Senate Talking Points - Slightly Modified.  Link to Email Addresses to Senators

Dear Senator....

I am a constituent and shocked that the Senate Commerce and Labor Committee failed to support SB5085 - a bill that would assist over half a mission households in Virginia that are unable to pay their utility bills due to the Covid-19 crisis.  This bill would distribute nearly $400 million that Dominion Energy has overcharged Vrginia rate-payers (at minimum) over the last several years in the form of accelerated refunds and debt forgiveness.  I ask that you urge the Committee to reconsider and vote in favor of this critical bill.

For questions or more information, contact Sharon Shutler shutlersharon@gmail.com

Thanks so much and have a great weekend!

Luisa
Virginia Grassroots Coalition

**DISCLAIMER - anything shared in Virginia Grassroots Coalition emails, including attachments, or in coalition meeting notes are not for public distribution. You are welcome to share them with your group members, but they should be kept in closed groups.**

2 Attachments

ReplyReply allForward