Topics

Oversight is Better than Hindsight: Anti-Corruption Recommendations for the CARES Act, a new report from the Coalition for Integrity

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

Shruti Shah

12:34 PM (9 minutes ago)

to Anti-Corruption

Good afternoon!

The report analyzes and compiles anti-corruption issues and current oversight gaps in the CARES Act, as well as recommendations on how best to close those gaps. There are specific recommendations for Congress, the administration and also for the Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery.

The report was created through considerable research of previous stimulus legislation, examples of successful oversight from various Inspectors General, and additional case studies demonstrating where and how oversight can be used to mitigate waste, fraud, and abuse.

With over $2 trillion in federal spending, even small rates of fraud could cost taxpayers billions.   We are pleased to lend our support to many of you who have been working on increasing accountability of federal spending.

Please read our report to find out more about the gaps that need to be addressed and also how oversight can be improved.

Our report is here: https://www.coalitionforintegrity.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/C4I_Oversight_FINAL.pdf

Our press release which summarizes our recommendations is here: https://www.coalitionforintegrity.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/COVID-19-Press-Release-FINAL.pdf

Thank you for your time and best wishes,

Shruti Shah

President & CEO

Coalition for Integrity

www.coalitionforintegrity.org