Topics

New Voters, New Districts: A Young People's Town Hall - Tue, 07/07/2020 #cal-notice

main@VirginiaSwampBusters.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

New Voters, New Districts: A Young People's Town Hall

When:
Tuesday, 7 July 2020
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
RSVP here: bit.ly/youngpeoplestownhall

Organizer:
daela.tipton@...

OneVirginia2021 is pleased to invite you to New Voters, New Districts: A Young People’s Town Hall: a live, online event to engage young voters on the issue of gerrymandering.

Reforming the redistricting process is especially important for young voters now because legislative districts are only drawn once every ten years following the Census. The districts that will be drawn in 2021 will determine politics for the next decade. To truly have a say in our future, we need to have a say in our districts. Join us on July 7th at 6:00 PM (EST) to learn more about the current fight for redistricting reform in Virginia, and across the country, and how you can make a difference.

We will be hearing from an exciting panel of experts, public officials, and young change-makers on their perspectives on this important issue. Joining the panel will be:

Christina Wang, OneVirginia2021 Young Fellows Coordinator

Jasmine Jones, Organizing Director of Rock the Vote

Hannah Knittig, Virginia State Director of Generation Ratify and Creative Director for Youth Climate Strike

Delegate Sam Rasoul, Democratic Delegate HD-11

Most importantly, we want to hear from young change-makers about the issues you're passionate about, and discuss how we can work together to advance a better world by ending gerrymandering. Can you make it? RSVP here: bit.ly/youngpeoplestownhall