Topics

Lots of upcoming events: through the Grassroots Coalition of NoVA, the Women's Summit and Network NoVA, I recommend the third part of Overcoming the Rural-Urban Divide: Policies, Strategies and Language #upcomingevents

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

THE WOMEN'S SUMMIT EXPERIENCE will be amazing and a lot has gone into the programming and planning, including social media graphics and strategy. Many of our group leaders and our elected officials will be leading and participating in the sessions.

The Women's Summit EXPERIENCE team is asking that we help sell tickets. They are doing FacebookInstagramTwitter and Meetup postings one or two times daily to sell the Summit's excellent program of 11 days, 17 sessions and 90+ speakers for only $25 a ticket. Please help amplify the message, that Winning is the ONLY Option in 2020! Sign up for the Women's Summit EXPERIENCE: www.networknova.org

Here are the Pre-Summit Events that people are also encouraged to attend:

Fri. June 12⋅| 7-8 pm EDT
Come meet the founding members of the new Virginia chapter of the National Women’s Political Caucus and find out why you need to be a part of this new organization.

Tues. June 16⋅| 7-8 pm EDT
Join us to learn how you can use EveryDistrict's data and fundraising toolkit to help flip competitive state legislative districts blue.

Wed. June 17⋅| 708 pm EDT
Part 3 of a 3-part series on overcoming the rural-urban divide in Virginia. We’ll wrap up this series by focusing on how to change course in order to overcome the rural-urban divide, strengthen and broaden the Democratic Party, and build a better world in rural and urban America.

Fri. June 19 | 12-1:30 pm EDT
Pre-Summit discussion on building community

OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS

Every morning at 9:30am
Daily Yoga with Stair

Every Day, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Phone Bank for Takis, Arlington County Board
We are phone banking every day for Takis Karantonis for the Arlington County Board special election on July 7. With Arlingtonians social distancing and staying at home, and Takis facing two opponents, we are taking an all-hands-on-deck approach in order to keep the seat blue.
RSVP here for one or more timeslots

EVERY Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Beyond Arlington Phone Bank from Home!
We have a phone bank for Elaine Luria and Abigail Spanberger volunteers and calls to unaffiliated voters in NC, which will ultimately help Cal Cunningham and the down ballot candidates.  For those volunteers interested, Rose or I will be available on Tuesday and Thursday evenings on Zoom to help you get logged into VAN and help you download the Google Voice App. You can make all the calls from the comfort and safety of your own home. It’s easy, fun, rewarding, and key for winning these elections!
Check out their facebook page for upcoming Tuesday and Thursday phone banks: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BeyondArlington/events/?ref=page_internal

Every Wednesday at 6:30pm
Sister District's Virtual Phonebanking Party for Pennsylvania
Join the Sister District DC/VA chapter every Wednesday through the election for a virtual phonebanking party to support state-level candidates in flippable districts!!  In Pennsylvania, Democrats are just nine seats away from flipping the statehouse, which is critical to getting a much-needed seat at the redistricting table to un-gerrymander Pennsylvania.  We'll be phonebanking via Zoom each week and once you register we'll send you the meeting information.
Register here.

Wednesday, June 10th, 7:30pm

Zoom Meeting with Elaine Luria

Join Indivisible Waterfront for an inspiring and informative meeting with Representative Elaine Luria. She's been a vital voice in the House of Representatives since 2018. Let's get together to support her re-election this November. Her views from the inside and to learn how we can help.

RSVP to receive Zoom link: https://bit.ly/IWMeetRepElaineLuria

Thursday, June 11th, 5:30pm
Using the Written Word for ProChoice Activism
Join Network NoVA for a discussion on written words as a vehicle for activism. Panelists will be Annie Finch, author of Choice Words, an anthology of abortion stories and Ashley Jordan, Reproductive Justice Journalist and founder of Women Activists. Jane Materna, Network NoVA Community Activist and NARAL ProChoice Virginia Board will moderate.
More Info and RSVP

Friday, June 12th, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Flip the NC State Legislature with Blue Families, Beyond Arlington & DC Blue Wave
We in the DMV know better than anyone the power of the state legislature. We're joining forces to help our friends to the south do the same thing in 2020. And what better way to do that than to adopt Ricky Hurtado, a native of rural North Carolina and the son of working-class immigrants who has risen to be a community leader and will do a fantastic job in Raleigh. Join us over Zoom on June 12 to meet Ricky and DC native Terence Everitt, an incumbent NC legislator whose seat we also need to protect. You will find out why Ricky is running, what it will mean if he, Terence, and the rest of the Democratic slate wins big in November, and what you can do to help them out. And of course, every vote for Ricky will undoubtedly help elect Cal Cunningham to the US Senate and put NC's 15 electoral votes into Joe Biden's column. We'll send you the Zoom link when you RSVP. In the meantime, if you live in or around Arlington, you can sign up to write postcards for Ricky here: https://arlingtondemocrats.org/start-making-difference-now/letters/.  Facebook event here.

Saturday, June 13th, 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Understanding Our New Voting Laws in Virginia and How They Impact You and Others
Join Senators Adam Ebbin and Scott Surovell as they explain our new voting laws and discuss the best practices for voting.

Saturday, June 13th, 4:00pm to 5:30pm

Virginia Grassroots Coalition Meeting

Zoom Link: https://georgetown.zoom.us/j/91868936162

June 15th and 16th - 12pm to 2pm
Text Banking for Vote by Mail in Virginia
Join Voto Latino (https://votolatino.org/) in texting Virginians to remind them to vote by mail!
RSVP here for June 15th: https://secure.everyaction.com/XbEiSXxQN0m95Hlwfo3apA2
RSVP here for June 16th: https://secure.everyaction.com/OfZaxxSUPk-f7Ea1jnGOiA2

Monday, June 15th, 6:45pm to 8:00pm
WofA Membership Meeting via Zoom
I know we're all chomping at the bit to start "doing things" - join us as we discuss these past few weeks and how we can affect meaningful change. 6:45 - 7:00 Social Gathering, 7:00 pm Meeting Begins.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84039325960?pwd=YlNnQ0ZPaWZlT2lzc1J6RFdwMXV6UT09

June 20-30, 2020

Women’s Summit Experience

Buy your tickets now!  Only $25.

The 4th Annual Women’s Summit has gone virtual, viral, vital. The Women’s Summit EXPERIENCE will kick off on Saturday, June 20th at 12 noon with an energizing Opening Rally that will get you out of your Zoom chair and on your feet celebrating what we accomplished in 2019 and inspiring us for the work ahead in getting Democrats to polls in November. Each day of our 10-day EXPERIENCE we will focus on what it takes to win in 2020 with interactive online sessions, conversations, dynamic speakers, and the opportunity to be part of a special Leadership Bootcamp on Owning Chaos. Can’t make it live to all the sessions, no problem. Content from the sessions will be available to view later.

More Info and Ticket Purchase

Saturday, June 27th, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Unite for Racial Justice - Moving Forward Together!
Hosted by Hala Ayala, this virtual event will include leaders, elected officials, community organizations and community members that will join this virtual event to have the hard conversations about racial injustice.
We want you to participate! Email us at uniteforjustice@... to RSVP.
More info to follow!

Wednesday, July 22, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
NARAL ProChoice Virginia Book Discussion: Choice Words by Annie Finch
Join us on Wednesday, July 22 at 5:30 pm for the next meeting of our NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia Virtual Book Club! We will be discussing Choice Words: Writers on Abortion compiled by Annie Finch. Ms. Finch's compilation aims to transform stalled conversations on abortion by helping us to understand both the universality and the uniqueness of each abortion and its relationship to human integrity and justice.
I encourage you to purchase Choice Words online from our Network NOVA community partner, Bard’s Alley bookstore. https://bookshop.org/books/choice-words-writers-on-abortion/9781642591484