Topics

Hold the date: Thursday, Dec 12th (7-9 at GMU) Join Hedrick Smith for his showing of his new documentary, "Democracy Rebellion" (organised by American Promise and Transparent GMU)

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

Hold the Date and Join Us: : Thursday, December 12th: A showing of the new documentary: "Democracy Rebellion"

American Promise (working on getting big money out of politics) and Transparent GMU (part of Un-Koch My Campus) are co-organizing a showing of Hedrick Smith's new PBS video "Democracy Rebellion" on Thursday, Dec 12th (7-9 pm) in Johnson Center Room B. Hedrick Smith is a Pulitzer-prize winning New York Times journalist and his new documentary will be airing next year but we are getting to see the preview. See the three-minute trailer here: https://vimeo.com/364869656/e5d7178519. The event will be held at GMU on Dec 12th, 7-9 and we will be following it with a panel discussion.  Hedrick will also be signing books.

 Also on Saturday, Dec 14th (2 pm at GMU-room to be determined), we will be organising the first meeting of our informal State-wide partnership on anti-corruption. We will discussing the launching of  a
n informal VA network,  a state umbrella group which emphasizes fostering collaboration, communications, and where possible joint action on issues related to corruption.

Thanks for joining our discussion group.  Feel free to put upcoming events in the calendar to share with others. For  leaders of groups, you can put a brief description of your group under the Wiki section (listed at the bottom on the left).