Topics

Great book explaining Trump’s exploitation of post-truth journalism.

John Boyer, AP

On the 19 hour flight to Bangkok yesterday, I finally got around to reading more carefully the United States of Distraction by Nolan Higdon and Mickey Huff, both of whom I worked with for years as a board member of the Action Coalition for Media Education (ACME). Book details here:

United States of Distraction: Media Manipulation in Post-Truth America (And What We Can Do About It) (City Lights Open Media) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0872867676/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EzS3DbRR16ZTN

This book is a tour de force which I highly recommend to all members of our growing Swamp Busters coalition.

Rick Kenski (Make Voters Matter)

Really John! Is this a book recommendation or just your slick way of letting us know you're Jet Setting around the World while we are back here freezing our butts off in Virginia?  LMAO Hope you're having a fantastic trip buddy!
As for the book, looks like a good read, but I was bummed to see that it was not available as an audio-book. I may just have to save the printed version for the next time I fly off to have dinner in Paris! LOL
On the subject of Media Manipulation, may I recommend "MindF*ck" which is all about Cambridge Analytica messed with the American public. The great thing about this book is that it even comes in an Audible version. So, NO foreign travel off to exotic places is needed to enjoy it's content! Happy Reading/Listening!
https://www.amazon.com/Mindf-Cambridge-Analytica-Break-America/dp/B07XLD25B4/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mindf*ck&qid=1575394297&sr=8-1