Topics

#gerrymandering #gerrymandering

representrichmond@...

representUS and OneVirginia2021 are organizing a day of action for redistricting reform.

Please help us spread the word.
January 28th: Citizen Lobby Day in Richmond

Right now, politicians in Virginia pick their voters instead of the other way around. Virginia is one of the worst-gerrymandered states in America – but there's a bill that would stop gerrymandering and give power back to the voters before voting districts are redrawn in 2021.

Politicians have hundreds of issues vying for their attention – it would be easy to ignore this bill. It's up to us to convince Virginia politicians to put this at the top of their agenda, by showing massive nonpartisan support for ending gerrymandering Join us on January 28th for a National Day of Action to support the campaign.

Here's how you can help:

If you're in Virginia,
          RSVP to our lobby day (https://volunteer.represent.us/valobbyday) to meet in person with politicians and urge them to end gerrymandering
          Send a letter to your representative (https://www.onevirginia2021.org/action/)
          Share this message. facebook.com/RepresentRICHMOND.
          Share our flier https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k3xOTBWtsMdhwBPyPEWoq8QrYUBM6gxD/view

If you're outside Virginia,
RSVP to our national phonebank (https://volunteer.represent.us/vacalls) to reach Virginia voters and patch them through to lawmakers, urging them to make this their top issue.

Now is the time! We have to come together to hold our legislators accountable and urge them to end gerrymandering.