Topics

Demand that members of the Virginia General Assembly return campaign contributions from fossil fuel companies Dominion Energy and Appalachian

bobby@...

Dear Colleagues,

I recently persuaded a powerful Maryland state senator to return campaign contributions he had recently received from Dominion Energy.

Also, check out this story:  https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2020/01/03/ed-markey-joe-kennedy-fossil-fuel-donations

This is what Virginia activists should be doing:  demanding that all members of the Virginia General Assembly (Dems and Republicans) return all fossil fuel money from Dominion and Appalachian they received in the last two years  ... whether they signed a fossil fuel pledge or not.   I was successful with the powerful Maryland state senator (he told me that he was returning money he had recently received from Dominion -- and thanked me for calling the matter to his attention)   -- and, by persistently applying enough pressure, you may have the same success in Virginia.

You can then post online for all the world to see, two lists:
(a) a "Hall of Fame" listing those members of the General Assembly who agreed
(b) a "Hall of Shame" listing those members of the General Assembly who refuse to return fossil fuel money from Dominion and Appalachian

Bobby Lipman
DemocracyIsNotForSale.org
Bobby@DemocracyIsNotForSale.org
Follow us on Facebook @DemocracyIsNotForSale