Topics

Call to Action Request from Brian Cannon (One Virginia 2021) on Redistricting #Neededlegislation

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

CALL TO ACTION:

The General Assembly session begins in just over a week, and we have your first assignment!

We have exciting news: Senators Louise Lucas and Mamie Locke have introduce enabling legislation to further enhance redistricting reform. We are so grateful for their support and continued leadership on this issue.

Now we need you to email district30@... and ask Senator Adam Ebbin to sign on as a co-patron of these bills. Be sure to thank the Senator for supporting this issue in the past, and feel free to modify the text to make it personal.

As you know, we have a two-fold mission this year: pass the second read of our proposed constitutional amendment and pass the accompanying enabling legislation. Together, this will be a comprehensive redistricting reform package - but it's going to take all of us.

Thank you for your support - let's get this done!

Brian

P.S. You can read SB 203 and SB 204 here.