Make sure that you listen to this great discussion on the Koch impact on our universities and public policy. #Resources

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

An amazing discussion by the group UnKochMy Campus, based at George Mason University, on a key democracy issue, using money to influence policy focused on limiting speech at U.S. universities and public policy within the national context.
Samantha Parsons invited Nancy MacLean, author of Democracy in Chains, as a guest speaker, . Our VA chapter of American Promise was delighted to be one of the 13 sponsors of the event which is of relevance, not only to Virginia, but to our country. Definitely worth watching! Congratulations to the students and staff at GMU who have had incredible success in combating the influence of special interests on public policy.

Nancy,

Thank you to everyone who was able to participate in the George Mason University (GMU) Town Hall! It was truly energizing to see so many community members, campus activists, state legislators, and national advocates come together to build a community response to the Koch Network at GMU.

For those who were unable to attend, you can watch the town hall here.

Here are the articles and resources that were discussed during the town hall:

We also want to extend a special thank you to our speakers: Nancy MacLean, Janine Gaspari, Bethany Letiecq, and delegate David Bulova.

We are excited to continue this work with you. It will take our entire community to stop Koch influence at George Mason University. Together we will fight to protect the common good from private interests and officially UnKoch George Mason University!

UnKoch My Campus is a cooperative campaign dedicated to disrupting corporate influence on campuses nationwide by equipping campus activists with education, skills, and ecosystems of solidarity. The Koch network is leveraging its donations to colleges and universities to bolster its corporate agenda to halt action on climate change, put hundreds of thousands of people in prison, deny millions of people healthcare, and strip rights and wages from workers globally. We're building a mass movement of young people who are dedicated to disrupting this harm.

Join main@VirginiaSwampBusters.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.