Join the FairMAPs VA network #TAKEACTION

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

Attached is the document which provides more information on this initiative which supports redistricting in Virginia.

11:54 AM (55 minutes ago)

to me

We wanted you to be the first to know that later today OneVirginia2021 will be launching FairMapsVA, an advocacy fund specifically dedicated to the passage of the redistricting constitutional amendment on our November 2020 ballot.

This is an exciting time for our grassroots campaign, and we need your support as we work to create the Commonwealth’s first-ever commission to reform our outdated and discriminatory redistricting laws by forming a fully transparent commission led by citizens to draw district lines in 2021 and beyond.

This ballot measure has broad support from a bipartisan list of Virginia-based advocacy groups, nationally-recognized anti-gerrymandering organizations, every major newspaper in Virginia, and over 70% of registered voters in the Commonwealth. These supporters include former U.S. Attorney General Eric HolderSenator Tim Kaine (D)Former Governor George Allen (R)Congressman Don Beyer (D)Obama Administration Civil Rights official Justin Levitt and every Senator in Virginia’s Legislative Black Caucus.

Now, it’s up to you. In advance of the November elections, can we count on your support? If so, visit our website to support us. You can pledge to vote YES this fall, request a yard sign, and make a donation so we can hit the ground running!

We are also excited to be having a Campaign Kick-off this Wednesday at 12:30pm with Katie Fahey, Executive Director of The People! Register here for the Zoom link.

There’s a better way to draw fair districts in Virginia. It’s time we put people over politicians once and for all.

###

FairMapsVA is a registered 501(c)(4) nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to the passage of Amendment 1 on Virginia’s November 2020 ballot, which would form the Commonwealth’s first-ever binding commission to reform our outdated and discriminatory redistricting laws. It is a campaign-specific initiative formed by the nonpartisan reform coalition OneVirginia2021. Additional information about the FairMapsVA campaign, visit FairMapsVA.org.

FairMapsVA
P.O. Box 1028
Richmond, VA 23218

Join main@VirginiaSwampBusters.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.