Discussions on redistricting constitutional amendment can be watched right now live #Neededlegislation

Nancy Morgan, American Promise

Interesting statistics from LIS. According to Legislative Information System statistics, there were 2,829 bills introduced this session and even more resolutions. That’s 223 more bills than 2018, the last 60-day session when Republicans were in control of both chambers. and the video

Right now, Friday morning, the House P&E committee is meeting and we will see whether they allow the redistricting constitutional amendment to go to the floor for a vote. My view is that bottling up a bill in sub-committee and not allowing a vote is undemocratic.  During the meeting, a few 'very minor" campaign finance bills will be reviewed.              You can watch the committee discussions live on video ; find the agenda of the meeting here

2020 SESSION

SESSION STATISTICS
House Committee Statistics | Senate Committee Statistics

 Type   Introduced   Passed
House
 Passed
Senate
 Passed   Cont'd to
next session
 Failed   Pending   Approved   Vetoed
H.B. 1734 831 566 465 238 720 311 16 0
H.J.R. 385 202 168 167 5 73 140 0 0
H.R. 134 93 0 92 0 5 37 0 0
S.B. 1095 377 665 303 115 355 322 1 0
S.J.R. 204 75 129 75 15 21 93 0 0
S.R. 46 0 37 34 0 0 12 0 0
Totals 3598 1578 1565 1136 373 1174 915 17 0

Join main@VirginiaSwampBusters.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.