Re: Campaign finance legislation in the USCongress and Virginia General Assembly: A Plan of Action

Karen Greenaway

Hello All,

I am new to the group and have not met everyone yet.

In my discussions with Nancy and Sally last week, one of the items we discussed was the ability to donate to political campaigns through anonymous companies.  I think we should also follow these two bills in the House and Senate.  This is a quote from one of the principle drafters of this legislation, the FACT Coalition in DC.

“H.R. 2513, the Corporate Transparency Act and S. 2563, the ILLICIT CASH Act — would effectively end all shell companies with anonymous ownership. Congress, which finds it difficult to agree on many issues, has found bipartisanship on this legislation. That bipartisanship is reflected in the wide and diverse range of groups to endorse this legislation, including our own groups.”

Thanks,
Karen Greenaway

Sent from Mail for Windows 10